What’s Your Number?
In late January of this year I read a review of Lee Eisenberg’s book “The Number.” I was intrigued by the book title and the subject matter. Probably the question I’m most frequently asked is “how much money do I need?” It’s always a question that’s easily asked but most difficult to answer. It’s a question that’s regularly pondered by advisors and all sorts of other folks. It’s a puzzle dealt with in books, articles, seminars, and software programs. I’m convinced there’s no simple, single answer. Even if you discover your “number” you should expect it to me an ever-moving target.
I devoured “The Number” over one weekend. This is not "Financial Planning for Dummies." The author assumes you have a number or the hopes for a number. If you have no wealth, aspirations for wealth, or hope of wealth, this book won't magically create it. There are no magic recipes, formulas, or templates. Instead, Mr. Eisenberg takes you on a journey of discovery – uncovering the issues, elements, and questions integral to the search for your number. The author does this through a very entertaining writing style full of many interesting stories and examples. If you’re easily bored by all of the figures, statistics, and formulas in most finance books, you’re in luck. That’s not what this book is about.
The Number will help you rethink your number and the whole concept of retirement or ‘the new rest of your life.’ I highly recommend this wonderful book. See: http://www.thenumberbook.com/
I devoured “The Number” over one weekend. This is not "Financial Planning for Dummies." The author assumes you have a number or the hopes for a number. If you have no wealth, aspirations for wealth, or hope of wealth, this book won't magically create it. There are no magic recipes, formulas, or templates. Instead, Mr. Eisenberg takes you on a journey of discovery – uncovering the issues, elements, and questions integral to the search for your number. The author does this through a very entertaining writing style full of many interesting stories and examples. If you’re easily bored by all of the figures, statistics, and formulas in most finance books, you’re in luck. That’s not what this book is about.
The Number will help you rethink your number and the whole concept of retirement or ‘the new rest of your life.’ I highly recommend this wonderful book. See: http://www.thenumberbook.com/

